Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dress C: Girly Style Wardrobe


This was pretty simple. I even goofed up a couple of things (due to the translation/adding seam allowances/where is my mind conflicts), namely: I forgot to add the seam allowances and decided to carry on. Worse things have happened.

So I chopped up some Amy Butler Sandalwood fabric from Love in Tangerine. It's a crazy print. Tangerine, Lavender and Cream. It's nice, but this is the first time I've thought of using it for anything. I have a whole bolt, people - BUY SOME.


As I was sewing the arms in, Mira decided it should be for her instead of her cousin Eloise for whom I was sewing it... 4th birthday, size 110cm, hem drastically shortened.

I decided that it was a little larger than life as a dress and this version should be a pool cover up. And for that, it is perfect.

2 comments:

ohangelina said...

hi, love your sewing! i have just scored this book on a trade.. and i am wondering.. would the largest size fit myself? they look pretty darn big.. love that sandalwood, good job! i think i will try the shoulder tie top first off. like you did. and i thought it was reversible too, think i'll do just that. x

Laura's Loot said...

Hello! I am sorry for my delayed reply but I think you could upsize this for yourself, try tracing it & see if the pieces will fit on the largest size as you said. It may work! Good luck to you. The smallest size can fit a 5-6 year old.

Related Posts with Thumbnails