Thursday, July 29, 2010

Countdown to Weekend Sewing in Vermont

I can't believe in two weeks I'll be heading to Vermont for some weekend sewing with Heather Ross. Word on the street is that Denyse Schmidt and Liesl from Oliver + S will also be here. When I dropped these names to my husband and I realized that it is possible to be a sewing geek. Can you relate?

In preparation for my long weekend with sewing interrupted only by sewing authorities, cookies and nature I need to prepare a sewing to do list. I also feel like I should sew something before I go. Of course this is akin to my ill-concieved idea that I should practice yoga for two weeks before going to a class. You know, so I look like I know what I'm doing. Er, whatever.

Here's what I've got in the works:
1. Playdate Dress
2. Bring Tea Party dresses that are in progress, maybe finish?

Poster Fleur - Rainbow Print
3. Yard Sale skirt from Weekend Sewing or the Easy Wrap skirt from Diana Rupp's Sew Everything Book... using the Nani Iro poster fleur rainbow print or the stripe but I had been thinking of using the stripe for
4. a dress...
Saaa Saa

but maybe the stripe should be this skirt that I found when looking for examples of the yard sale skirt:

5. Patchwork pieces to work on for back of Anniversary Quilt
6. A big bag (I was thinking about doing this with the rainbow print) and the bag on the cover of the carry me book (but someone has checked it out from the library, GRRRR)

Fuwari Fuwari
7. Been dying to use this gauze-y fabric for something, thinking a blouse, need a pattern.
That's enough, right? I know. It's way too much. That's why I need to do the blouse, skirt and bag BEFORE I go. So I'll get on that. And I have to trace all the patterns too. Jinkies.

But I still have to select the rest of the fabrics. My goodness, I hear they are charging for checked baggage and I'd rather bring my own scissors. All sorts of logistics.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails