Friday, July 30, 2010

(pre)weekend sewing updates

Yesterday I tore it up with the weekend sewing preparations. I decided I would try Heather's Library Skirt, found on her blog and adapted from a pattern in her book. I traced. I traced the yard sale skirt, huck finn pants, ruby's bloomers and the little flower girl dress too. I figured everything was out so I'd just get to it. So I did. And I pre-cut the nani iro stripes for the skirt, vertically. I thought the waistband looked a little small. I thought, eh so what. I'll lose 5 pounds. Right.

Around 10:30 last night I determined it was time to try to stitch the library skirt. I stitched, I gathered. I pulled it on when the waistband had been attached to the rest. It seemed to make my stomach look like an alien was inside. I noticed a tear in the double gauze. Disaster! I really need to go back and rip out the waistband from the dg, but I don't want to. I'd rather scrap it. Move on. But I think I have to go back to it.

On a brighter note, I was researching the Make it Perfect Kaftan patterns and found myself at the Film in the Fridge blog again. Check her out! This woman is amazing. I am constantly inspired by her quilts on flickr and now her clothing projects are making me jealous too. For example she does a version of the Socialite dress that makes me want it. I was a little worried about it being too roomy in the hips, but she makes it look awesome. I have decided I probably should visit this adorable store she mentions called Nido Fabric in Burlington while I have a few hours to kill before the workshop.

Any place else I should visit? I think I have 3-5 hours before driving to Goshen.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails